Thursday, March 7, 2013

Wow where has the week gone!!!

Well it's been a couple days since I last blogged. I try to blog every other day if possible to keep the blog fresh and updated. I find it a great way to unwind at the end of a day but this week has been one of those weeks. I know you all know what I'm talking about, we have all been there. When it seems like the day is moving faster than the clock, nothing seems to be getting done, everything goes wrong, and the work just piles higher hahah. Ya one of those weeks. But I was also busy putting together a small fundraiser at work this week for a charity close and dear to my heart which makes everything worth it!

I have spent the week eating at my desk! Big No No! Or really whenever and where ever I can find the time to eat. I am so glad that these crazy busy weeks don't happen all that often.
  I had a yummy Kale, White Bean and Chorizo Soup for lunch, with a sliced up Pear.
Red & Yellow Beet Salad
I have been drinking more Coffee than I usually do. I drink Pomegranate Green Tea every morning. But this week i have been sneaking in a cup of java in the afternoons so that I can stay more productive and don't fall asleep at my desk. We also have to do a couple late nights as Mike has FE prep which means I hang out at the coffee shop until 7 pm studying which means more coffee!!!


The BEST part of my week so far has been hosting NATIONAL CUPCAKE DAY in support of the SPCA and Humane Societies at my work and in our parts office. Everyone at worked pitched in and baked cupcakes, muffins, gluten-free, vegan, sugar packed, you name it we had it. It was so great!!! We set up a booth on Tuesday and Wednesday in both our main office and our parts locations and sold the cupcakes to raise money. National Cupcake Day™ is a brand new event helps raise awareness and urgently-needed funds to support animals that are abused, abandoned, neglected or no longer wanted. We raised just under $200.00 which doesn't seem like a lot but every little bit counts.

Here is a quick peek of all the goodies that were baked.....




It's not quite Friday yet and this will give you an idea of how I am feeling right about now. lol!! (PS.I love silly pictures)

I made a delicious Chocolate Avocado Pudding this week, I will be sharing the recipe this weekend, along with a great new vegan take on Shepard's pie that is to die for! Stay tuned......

All I can leave you with is everyone is human and I fall of the wagon quite often! Time to kick it up a notch and get back with the program lol! I hope everyone is having an absolutely splendid week!


5 comments:

  1. Your eats still look fantastic . . . . and I don't see anything wrong with a little extra coffee to get through the week. :) I'm interested in seeing the avocado pudding recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. tomorrow is Friday and we can finally relax!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun!! It just so happens that I love animals AND I love cupcakes. I would have bought every single thing at your bake sale :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh thats so awesome with the cupcake thing!! Also, I've so been drinking more coffee lately too. I think it's the winter weather gettin' to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything looks delicious! I'm trying not be be a coffee drinker, but I love it so much too. The taste, smell, everything! Have a great night:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...