Wednesday, March 13, 2013

What I Ate Wednesday - March 13th, 2012


I started the day off right with a thick and creamy green smoothie.


Green Smoothie:
3 cubes of ice
1 cup spinach
1 small banana
1/4 avocado
1 tsp glutamine
1tbsp ground flax
1 tbsp hemp protein
1 tbsp chia seeds
1tbsp (heaping) almond butter
1 1/2 cups of coconut milk

Then I got stuck in traffic for an extra half hour this morning during the morning commute :) I was just glad it wasn't pouring down with rain this morning.


For lunch I had leftovers from last night dinner, Lentil & Yam Stew. It was really good I will be posting the recipe for this soon.


I had a long 2 hour managers meeting today and by 2 o'clock I was drained so I had a tall, soy latte from Starbucks.

For a snack on the drive home I ate some cut up peppers and homemade hummus.

Dinner was so delicious tonight! We have been eating vegetarian for the last couple of days, so on the way home we stopped by Meridian Meats and picked up some fresh new york steaks, seasoned with steak seasoning. We paired it with a fresh spinach & lentil salad, topped with candied pecans and fresh organic goat cheese. ( I have found that I react less to goat cheese and feta, it is mainly cows milk, regular cheese, and eggs that I tend to react too).  The candied pecans were bad, but a nice sweet treat!

The salad also had cucumbers, orange pepper, tomatoes, scallions, and I dressed it with a very tasty dressing. 2 tbsp olive oil, 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar, 2 minced garlic cloves, 1 tbsp of honey.


Have a great night everyone!



5 comments:

  1. Nothing beat fresh goat cheese! That's definitely my favorite cheese. Sounds like a delicious dinner--wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your green smoothie looks seriously AMAZING. I need to follow this recipe, because mine never turn out quite green enough. They always turn a weird brown color (this might be because I'm adding chocolate pb2 to all of them....oops...). Also avocado in a smoothie is genius.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahah if i put frozen berries in mine they come out a weird brown color and it looks very un appetizing lol!

      Delete
  3. I love candied nuts! I had amazing candied walnuts in San Francisco recently and actually bought some to take home :P

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...