Monday, March 18, 2013

Pumpkin & Sweet Potato Bisque, Yum Yum!

Happy Monday! 

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and has started the week off right. This is what I made for Sunday night dinner, and it was amazing! I have made a lot of pumpkin, carrot, butternut squash etc..... type soups but this one has a wonderful assortment or sweet and spicy flavors, and a very warming feeling. 


Pumpkin & Sweet Potato Bisque 
Adapted recipe from Crazy Sexy Kitchen
Serves 6
GF, DF, MF


Ingredients:
1 14oz can of organic pumpkin puree
1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced
4 cups of vegetable broth
1 large white onion, diced
3-4 garlic cloves minced
1/4 cup sherry wine
1 1/2 tbsp of maple syrup
1/2 tsp of cinnamon
1/4 tsp of cayenne
1/4 tsp of sea salt
1/4 cup of pumpkin seeds, toasted
drizzle of hazelnut oil
pepper to taste

Instructions:

In a small pot boil the sweet potatoes until tender and cooked.

In a large soup pot saute your onion and garlic. Add all your spices and salt and pepper mix into the onions and garlic.

Add you pumpkin puree and the cooked sweet potatoes. Add your vegetable broth, maple syrup and sherry wine. Let it come to a boil and then bring down to a simmer.

Using a hand held emulsion blender (or a normal blender or food processor) blend all the ingredients of the soup together.

Toast your pumpkin seeds in a small frying pan on med- heat until browned.


Top the soup with the toasted pumpkin seeds, and a drizzle of hazelnut oil!


As I mentioned above I ate this soup for dinner last night and it was so good! As I always do I took it for leftovers at work today but ended up getting very bad heartburn and indigestion. I didn't eat until 2:30 pm which is much later than I usually eat lunch, which may have been the cause.  I ate some plain raw almonds to help alleviate the heartburn which really helped. But I wonder what it was that caused the heartburn and indigestion in the first place?

Do you have any all natural relief remedies from Heartburn and Indigestion?

Have a great night,

4 comments:

  1. Mmmmm . . . after the snow that fell around here today, a bowl of that soup sounds incredible!! Heartburn is never fun . . . I'm not sure of any home remedies either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh god I love toasted pumpkin seeds and sweet potatoes. Never would've thought to combine the two!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had never toasted pumpkin seeds before, they taste really good toasted!!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...