Monday, March 4, 2013

Marvelous in my Monday! Tomato, Squash & Coconut Milk Bisque

Marvelous in my Monday truly has been marvelous today! The sun is shining so bright, there is still a chill in the air but the Vitamin D I have been getting is giving me some much needed energy. 

I was able to sleep in a little this morning as we had to drop our car off at the shop to get fixed. So that was a pretty great way to start a Monday. It is amazing what an extra 20 minutes of sleep can do! 

I had a scrumptious breakfast of organic, sugar free granola with shaved coconut, almond milk, sliced strawberries and a spoonful of almond butter (because i am addicted to almond butter). 

Because I got to work late I felt rather scattered and rushed all day. I have piles of work to do right now and losing 45 minutes really added up. So I ate my lunch at my desk, which I know is terrible and I am the biggest advocate of leaving your office to eat lunch, even if you just sit in the lunch room or go outside to eat your packed lunch, it is really important to have that mental break. I clearly did not follow my own advice today. I had leftovers from yesterdays Roasted Cauliflower & Chickpea Curry it was delicious. I also ate a banana  I was starving! But my boss bought me a soy latte so that made up for eating at my desk!

 
I had a bit of a fail with dinner last night. I made a Tomato, Squash & Coconut Bisque (Vegan) I followed the recipe from Honest Fare which can be found here (Tomato, Squash & Coconut Bisque Recipe). I did make a few changes to the recipe. 


The soup turned out really good, and both Mike and I enjoyed the taste thoroughly.  There was  enough for another serving and leftovers. Here comes the fail part. After dinner I was pretty tired and I had a bunch of catch up work to do for my dad. So I went to my computer room and completely forgot to turn the stove off. The soup was simmering but when you forget about it for 3 hours it kind of turns into a gross mess!!! Luckily it didn't burn too bad and I think I can manage to salvage it. But it went super thick and weird, so I think when I reheat it for left overs I will add some vegetable stock to thin it out again. This soup would be so amazing if it had prawns in it!! I may have to go buy some prawns this week :) 
I have made many kitchen fails, have you?

I hope everyone had a marvelous Monday!

2 comments:

  1. mmmm shredded coconut has been my recent obsession. I feel like I get obsessed with it in the winter for some reason!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is sooo good!!! you cant go wrong with shredded coconut. Although I haven't been very adventurous with it. I mainly only put it in granola.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...